Buffer Energy Storage System
BESS: Smart stationary energy storage and management system
- Multi-sources : Grid, renewable, Fu Cell…,
- Multi-users: buildings, charge stations or industrial equipment parks…,
- Energy storage capacity : 10 kWh at 1 MWh according to needs,
- Smart energy management of Grid and of battery state of charge (SoC),
- Designed to use second-life electric vehicle batteries,
- Energy is provided by both grid and storage system, proportion of each is calculated according to user defined environment parameters (time and date stamping…),
- Stores electricity obtained at off-peak times when price is lower, to use at peak times,
- Designed to respond to strong power variations,
- Standards : EN30335-1, -2-29; EN55014-1, -2; EN61000-3-2, -3-3.
Applications and advantages
- Optimize investment and operating budgets
- Lower energy bill because BESS recharges itself primarily in off-peak hour,
- Save money on commissioning prices because BESS allows lower power connection to the Grid while providing to customer the required power.
- Boost electric vehicles charging stations (Smart Charging)
- Increase the availability of electric vehicle charging stations,
- Manage the energy of electric vehicle charging station parks,
- Permit the charging station manager to adapt his business model according to variable energy prices.
- Carry out energy storage for industrial and residential areas
- Store the electricity from renewable energy sources,
- Reduce energy losses in industrial by recovering it in order to reuse it,
- Manage smartly energy of buildings and their car parks.
- Optimize public and private power network management
- Provide smart management of energy flows especially during peak demands,
- Enhance the reliability of local power grid,
- Optionally: improves energy quality.